Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Connecting not Working

Brian Haselton
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 10, 2019

Hi, I'm trying to connect our current support email (Gmail) to Jira Service Desk in the email requests tab. For some reason, when I click on the google icon under -connect a custom account-, nothing happens. I am not sent anywhere nor do I receive an error. I am still on the trial for the next few days but this functionality is critical for evaluation of the service.

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 11, 2019

Hi Brian,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Just to make sure that we are on the same page, I would like to know if this issue is happening when you click on Google or when you click on Save after adding the password.

Screen Recording 2019-10-11 at 03.11 PM.gif

Please, open the developer tools on your browser and click on “Google” to check if it will show any error.

If possible, test using another browser or incognito mode just to confirm that there is nothing blocking.

Regards,
Angélica

Brian Haselton
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 11, 2019

Hey Angélica,

I tried some other browsers, but it doesn't seem to change the result. When I click on google, or other, the dropdown does not appear at all. It also does not return any error.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 14, 2019

Thank you for the details, Brian.

Can you please disable the email request and enable it again? You can find this option by clicking on Screenshot 2019-10-14_10-09-24-190.png  (top right).

If it does not work, maybe this issue is related to a bug:

The workaround is to add yourself to the group jira-administrators.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events