Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display articles on customer portal on Service Desk Cloud

Sanket Sharma September 15, 2018

Hi,

I have setup a customer portal for our customers and linked a confluence page to the customer portal. Now when I visit the customer portal and use the search field, I can search articles. However, I was wondering if there's a way to display links to articles on the portal landing page itself (e.g. without user having to search?). For instance, I would like certain articles to pinned to the landing page or display the most view pages on the portal. Is it possible?

3 answers

3 votes
Danny
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 20, 2019

This is possible by creating article categories within JSD from the Knowledge base menu.

Once you create categories and place the articles in there they will be 'pinned' to your portal page with the create ticket button below.

Julius Hernandez November 3, 2020

Hi Danny. Our portal always suggests three articles only when I do a search. So, I'd like to try your solution, but this still doesn't work for me, even when I create categories. If you can point me to a possible solution, I'd really appreciate it. TIA.

1 vote
Anthony Miller August 18, 2021

This is possible...at least I have achieved this on cloud using portal announcements. Effectively these were the steps:

• Create the knowledge base article and add a label to it ie. label = portal
  • Set the article as a suggestion for any request form (this is to get the url from the article)   - project settings -> Knowledge base -> Only show articles labeled
  • Go into the portal, create a new request, type in the summary field the name of the article to bring up the suggestion in the form, click on it and go to the article and copy the URL it takes you to ie. https://xxxx.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/xx/article/xxxxx
  • Go back to the project portal page, select customize on the right, Portal announcement, put in a heading (I called it Documentation), and in the Message put the URL for the suggested article in this format - [name|url]
  • place as many URL's in the message as you like
  • go back to project settings -> knowledge base -> and remove the label from Only show articles labeled as you do not need it to disaply the url of the article once it is available the first time as a suggestion

This link will open the article in the portal meaning you don't need to give the url out of your space to your customer and keep them within the portal. You will need to ensure that the article is available to be read by anonymous users which is set by default.

Give it a go and let me know if it works!!

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2018

This is not possible.

Tobias Brenner October 25, 2018

Hi @Jack Brickey

Thanks for your reply. Is this really not possible at all? I mean there has to be a way to give the Portal Only Users the possibility to browse the KB without having to search, right?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2018

You might try searching the Marketplace for portal customization options.

Firas Amer January 10, 2019

@Jack Brickey,is there a portal customization add-on you would recommend to use? Thanks

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 10, 2019

I don’t have any personal experience with any. Here is a search I did but nothing stood out at me. Cloud is rather limited for addons in this area.

Like Firas Amer likes this
Firas Amer January 10, 2019

Thanks....yes, unfortunately the Cloud version seems to have way too many limitations :(

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events