Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desk Auto Close Issue Error

Adam Ricketts December 4, 2018

Hi all,

I'm having issues with two of my JIRA Desk automations, the Auto Close Issue and Prompt Customer for Comment automations. 

When I set the Run Rule as to 'User who triggered the rule' the automation log shows an Error status and message of 'This User was deleted' in the Run Rule As column. However, when I set the Run Rule to Project Default (Me) the automation runs correctly.

Screen Shot 2018-12-05 at 11.55.12 am.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-05 at 11.55.28 am.png

I do not understand why the rule is failing when set to 'User who triggered the rule' because the Desk tickets are assigned to current active JIRA Desk user accounts.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2018

Is a user actually triggering these, e.g. thru a transition or comment? It appears that this is a timed event and as such the system is triggering the automation. If this is true I suspect you must designate the user. I use a system defined user for most automations.

Adam Ricketts February 3, 2019

Hi Jack, thanks for your response, sorry for my slow review! Yes, I suspect you are right that I need a system defined user for the automation to work correctly.

Syauqi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 7, 2019

Hi Team,

I've came across this post and would like you to know that I've created a bug report which you can track them here: JSDCLOUD-7993: User who triggered the rule for time event Automation rule doesn't identify the correct user

This is helpful when a "user who triggered the action" option is required to run this automation rule.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Like Gil likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events