Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database is not Empty issue

junghyeon September 25, 2020

Now I'm installing JIRA Service desk on the computer having confluence with MySql 8.0.

When configuring the database for JIRA Service desk, there is issue 'not empty'.

The database is created and empty.

I tried it several times. But It can't be fixed.

Please advice me.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2020

This is what it says it is - there's data in the database you're trying to connect it to.

If you've started an install once and got as far as the first time it tries to write to the database, then it will have created enough data in there to cause this message if you run it again.

Go into the database and drop the existing database completely, then recreate it and run the installer again.

junghyeon September 27, 2020

I've got same message when I run the installer again after drop and recreate the database.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2020

Could you look at what tables exist in this database before you run the installer, then after it throws this message?

I just created database and there is no tables.

When I drop it and the message is 'Unknown database 'jiradb'.

After I create 'jiradb', the message is regarding 'not empty database'.

I tried to copy three version of mysql connectors (ver 8.0.19, 8.0.21 and 5.1.48) to JIRA lib folder at the same time.

Now it works correctly but I'm not sure which version is activated.

Thank you for your support.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events