Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Dashboard

Ajay Kumar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 16, 2020

Hi All,

We are exploring JIRA Service Desk for our MSP business. I did a quick search to find out if there is any way to showcase Dashboard of SLA/Ticket Status etc to customers but unfortunately there is no such feature exist.

It is in the feature request since 2015 but no luck to date.

There is no app which we could use!

Is there any solution to produce some nice dashboards for customers?

Do you think I could leverage JIRA API to fetch data and use ELK (Kibana) to produce dashboards? At this point in time, I am using the free version for testing.

Thanks,

Ajay

2 answers

0 votes
Gorka Puente _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 24, 2021

Hi @Ajay Kumar

If you want to showcase a dashboard with SLAs to your customers, we have an app that can do that exactly :) it's called Ronin Dashboards for Jira. You can see it in action here

https://bit.ly/ITSM_dashboard

Let me know if that fits your use case.

Wrt Kibana we don't currently have an integration, but provided enough demand, we could include it in our roadmap.

Regards

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2020

You could connect a BI solution like Microsoft’s PowerBI or consider a Marketplace app e.g. Charts & Reports as one example. There is a good article on this app here - charts-and-reports-for-jira-servicedesk . There are other options out there I suspect so you may wish to check the Marketplace.

Ajay Kumar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 16, 2020

Thanks for the response. PDF export is one of the option but I wish to showcase real-time chart in customer portal as we would be logging all security incidents in the JIRA.

Are there any API available which can give me some ability to fetch data so that we can product graphs in Kibana?

Is this something applicable to JIRA Service Desk projects?

https://docs.atlassian.com/DAC/rest/jira/6.1.html

Thanks.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2020

I can’t say how to do this but most certainly you can leverage the API to pull data. I don’t know anything about Kibana but maybe you can manage to integrate the two. Note that PBI connects to Jira cloud and will work with live data.

Johnny Jenkins
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 23, 2021

JSD doesn't do this. I find JSD's customer security and reporting very poor. Organisations have no customisations at all, for example, you can't have 20 people belong to an organisation and then limit only a select few to see all tickets that belong to an organisation.

So for customers who don't want an organisation view, we then setup a custom field called customer and we make sure during ticket triage that we setup the correct customer. We then use Confluence to create a customer dashboard. Using the macros, we can put in JIRA queries and reports. We then manually export this to PDF and email it to the customer. A downside is that it is maintained outside of JIRA, but that is also an upside where we can add non JSD content to their dashboard.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events