Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create linked Issue from within Service Desk

Temur Bekurishvili April 16, 2018

Hi Team 

I am trying to create Linked issue from Jira Software to Jira Service Desk without luck. Can you point me to right direction please?

I can create Linked issue from Jira Service Desk to Jira Software though.

Temur

2 answers

0 votes
Siva M October 22, 2018

As in the title of this posting, "Create a JIRA SW issue from JIRA SD using "Link to JIRA SW" option under workflow, I would like to automate this using RESTAPI.  How do I do that, could someone help?  What is the URI, json for POST, sample response etc...

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2018

It's not possible. The 'Create Linked Issue' operation is part of Service Desk and only applied to projects of type Service Desk.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2018

you can Link to the issue (relates, blocked by, etc) but it isn't quite the same thing.

Temur Bekurishvili April 16, 2018

Thanks for replying. 

Okay then,

I need to create Change Request from Jira Software issue , how do I do this ?

It should be pretty simple action. Is there feature request at least?

Temur

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2018

Create a new ticket using the Create button and link it to the Jira Software Issue. The Feature Request is here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-13625

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events