Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Classic project templates

Larry Vervynckt June 5, 2019

Hi Everyone,

Newbie to Jira Service Desk and trying to figure out how to do some things and any help would be appreciated.

I am trying to create a classic service desk project but the templates available don't include that option when I select change template.

Also, I created a NextGen project initially but I can't figure out how to send notifications to the techs/agents when a new ticket is created.  Is there a way to do this in NextGen projects, I found the notifications schemes area and tried to create a new one but have no idea how to add my project to it since there is no notifications option in project settings on my NextGen project. 

Thanks

Larry

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 7, 2019

Hi Larry,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!
I saw that you created a ticket with our support related to the same question and it was already resolved.
To fix the issue, our support manually enabled the classic projects on your instance. I'm sharing this here so if any other community member faces this issue, they will know that they must create a support ticket for classic projects to be enabled.

Regards,
Angélica

Dylan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 30, 2019

You're able to enable Classic Projects on your own now, just browse to an existing next-gen project and go to: Project Settings -> Advanced -> "Create new classic project"

Please leave feedback when prompted as it helps our product team prioritise what to build in next-gen. Cheers!

Like # people like this
Dominic Weaver November 1, 2019

Thanks! Nice one.

Barb O'Connell December 5, 2019

Dylan, I am providing respectful feedback as a long time Jira admin.  That is a terrible place to bury the Classic project enablement toggle.  Please bring forward my request to make this visible outside of an existing Next-Gen project.  It belongs on an admin screen for projects, not inside an unwanted project.

Like # people like this
Ece Osmanagaoglu May 22, 2021

Hi @Angélica Luz and @Dylan 

I can not find below Advanced option. I need to create multiple boards in one project. And search that we can not convert next-gen project to classic. And also can not create classic new one :) please help and lead me.

Project Settings -> Advanced -> "Create new classic project"

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
May 24, 2021

Hello @Ece Osmanagaoglu,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

It’s been a while since the question was posted and I believe the option is not available anymore.

When creating a new project, should be available the option to select the type of project:

Screen Recording 2021-05-24 at 10.34.43 AM.gif

Can you please check if the company-managed option appears when creating a new project?

Kind regards,
Angélica

sanjay_sapra February 23, 2022

Thanks this above solution is working and we can create classic or Next gen project basis of our requirement.

Admin Account September 29, 2022

0 votes
Admin Account September 29, 2022

John Funk COMMUNITY LEADER Apr 09, 2021
Hey Susan - Classic Software projects are now called Company-managed and Next-gen projects are now called Team-managed.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Can-t-create-classic-project/qaq-p/1596077

John Funk COMMUNITY LEADER May 06, 2021
Hey @Stefanie Sullivan - It has been rebranded to Company-managed projects.
So, click on Create Project
Then click on Jira Software in the bottom left
Select Kanban or Scrum or Bug
Select Use Template
Then Select a Company-managed project

0 votes
Keven Perreault August 1, 2019

I too will create a ticket for this problem, why is this not enabled by default ?

Larry Vervynckt August 1, 2019

Hey Kevin,

You need to open a support ticket and they will manually load them for you.

Larry

Like # people like this
Keven Perreault August 1, 2019

Yes thank you Larry, I will do that !

Regards,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events