Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change text in email

Gui Ávila October 15, 2020

Hi. Is there a way to change this text here? http://prntscr.com/v05sd6

The translation to Portuguese is not correct, I need to fix.

I already tried project settings >> notifications but in the template edit screen there is no option :/

Thanks.

Gui.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 16, 2020

Hello Gui,

The notifications customers receive depend on the language they select in the customer portal.

You can add Portuguese to the project, but if the customer doesn't change the language on their profile in the portal, they will receive the notifications in English.

In the customer portal, on the top right, click on the Profile picture > Profile and change the language. 

Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 13.51.55.png

If you want to change some translation, the correct place for that is on Project settings > Language support, select Portuguese and on Email template, you can change the translation.

Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 14.03.29.png

Please, give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Angélica

Gui Ávila October 17, 2020

@Angélica Luz Thanks a lot for your detailed answer.

You said:

"You can add Portuguese to the project, but if the customer doesn't change the language on their profile in the portal, they will receive the notifications in English."

But most or our customers won't log in and change language on their profile settings. So that's why I set portuguese as default language. If customer does not change their language, they should see the portal and receive notifications based on default language (not necessarily in english), am I wrong?

Strange thing is that portuguese is already set as default language.

Gui Ávila October 19, 2020

@Angélica Luz Please let me know? Thanks a lot

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 19, 2020

Thank you for the details, Gui.

There are some settings that may prevent customers from receiving notifications with the default language. 

Some settings override others, that's why even adding a default language in the project, it may not reflect on what customers will receive.

• The site's default language is in English.
    • It can be changed on Cog icon > System > Click on Edit settings and change the Default language (it's not necessary to change the indexing language). 
  • English is visible to customers.
    • On Project settings > Language support, you can add different languages and let it visible for customers and if their profile is set to English, they will receive notifications in English unless they change it on the portal. So, if your customers are all from Brazil and you want all of them to receive notifications in Portuguese, you can either delete or make English not visible to customers.

With all this said, if you change the site's default language to Portuguese, it will override the language customers choose in the portal.

If you remove or disable the English language in Language support, customers will receive notifications in Portuguese.

Please, take your time to test and let us know how it goes.

Like Gui Ávila likes this
Gui Ávila October 19, 2020

Wow, thanks a lot @Angélica Luz !!!

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS