Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you have different queues based on request submission details in JIRA Service Desk?

Ian Walker August 17, 2019

Hi Everyone.

I have two user groups on JIRA Service Desk called 'USA Team' and 'UK team'.  On JIRA Service Desk, every time they choose to submit a request (Request, Change, Incident, Problem etc.) there is a custom field on the form called 'Company' and you can pick 'UK' or 'USA'.

I want it so that, for example, a member of the USA group, submits a change request, chooses 'USA' for the 'Company field' and their queues inside JIRA service desk only show the tickets relating to the USA company.  Later on, if a member of the UK group submits a request, chooses 'UK' as the company then their queues only show tickets relating to the UK company.

Basically, I don't really want to have tons of queues (e.g. 'Open Changes - USA' and 'Open Changes -UK') because I don't want the USA group to see queues for the UK group and vice-versa or to be able to mess with them.  I basically want one JIRA service desk project to manage the work of both companies and groups - is this possible?

Regards - Ian

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2019

Hi @Ian Walker ,

If you want each group to see only the issues they should see, you can use issue security with a security level for each company for example. Then they will only see their issues.

To set the issue security level on creation and don't want to let them to do this manually, you could use an add-on like script runner to set it depending on something that is unique to each company, maybe a user group membership or an field or something like that.

Ian Walker August 19, 2019

@Bastian Stehmann   Thanks very much for the reply.  I will look in to it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events