Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we include a non-customer in a service desk ticket?

Esther Strom March 28, 2019

We have a closed service desk; user accounts must be approved and created by us. Opening it up to anonymous access is not an option.

I have a new requirement/request from our SD team and I'm not sure if it's possible; I'm a long-time Jira admin but service desk is pretty new to us.

We have a request type that has a field for approver - the person making the request needs to provide the email address of their supervisor so that our support team can follow up and make sure the request is something that's been approved by the customer's organization before moving forward.

The catch is, the supervisor may not be a service desk customer. Is there any way to make a request available to someone who isn't a customer, without actually opening up access entirely?

We use the portal, but we do have email requests enabled. If I set up some kind of automation that would send an email to the address in the supervisor field, and they reply to the email, is there any way to connect the reply to the service desk ticket?

We're trying to avoid having a ticket and a separate unconnected email thread to keep track of for each of these types of requests.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 1, 2019

Hi Esther,

When a Service Desk is closed, only customers where the request was shared with will be able to see or reply to the ticket, so even if we set an automation, if the supervisor does not have an account and they were not added as a participant on the ticket, the comment will not be added.
So, for someone to see and reply to a ticket, it's required to be a customer and be added as a participant to the ticket.

Regards,
Angélica

Esther Strom April 1, 2019

Thanks, Angelica. That's what I figured, but just wanted it confirmed in case I was missing a way to do it.

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events