Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can custom fields be made to be required?

Henry Salazar October 27, 2020

I am trying to make custom fields required so a ticket can't be closed or saved unless the fields are populated.  Is that supported and if so can someone point me in the right direction, please?

Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Kate Caldecott
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 15, 2020

Hi Henry

Yes, configuring within Jira is an option.  You can also use compulsory fields using a free app called ProForma Lite.  It allows you to configure compulsory fields without too much effort.

Essentially you tick the compulsory field and that activates the required field feature.

compulsory fields.jpeg

0 votes
Flavien Gache
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 27, 2020

Hello Henry.

Don't worry, this feature exists. :)

First, you need to create a field configuration for your ticket. Go to the tab field configuration in your administration and a create a configuration for your ticket. Here, you can scroll the list of field until you find the one you need to be required. Then press the required option on the right side of the page.

Second, create a field configuration scheme in which you put the configuration field. You can create one field configuration for each type of ticket if you want, or only one if you only have one type of ticket for example.

Finally you need to link your field configuration scheme to your project in the summary of your project. Go to your project settings, got to field configuration scheme, click on the one you currently have and switch with the new (use a different scheme option).

Let me know if it helped you.

Flavien Gache
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 27, 2020

And do not hesitate to accept my answer if it worked for you, it could help others ! ;)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events