Can I increase the width of JIRA Service Desk customer forms?

JIRA Service Desk fields are scrunched to half the width of the body of a form, and the form is a third the width of the screen, so the form fields are 1/6th of the screen. They look silly. Can we increase the fields to the width of the body of the form? We are using JSD Cloud. 

10 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

JSD form.png

example

Also curious about this one, we have had the same question from our Service Desk project owners...

Is there any solution/workarounds for this?

We're also wondering about this. The box is so narrow that it makes code snippets difficult to read because 80 characters nearly fills up two separate rows.

Please tell me someone has a solution, or better yet Atlassian made it customisable??!!

This is so frustrating!!

Does anyone know if there is a solution? We may have to dump service desk as the customer experience is just not acceptable when your content takes < 1/2 the screen.

+1

It seems like it would be a pretty simple fix... 

Since google led me here, If you're using Jira Service Desk Server, you can use Script Runner to insert a Script Fragment / webresource. Just use the context customerportal and then you can override with your own CSS.

If you're on Cloud, there's an open feature request for this: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-2410

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Service Desk

Jira Service Desk – Don’t be afraid, the journey begins with curiosity!

...be more productive while being fun to use at the same time. For some, getting started can be a bit intimidating. This is especially true if Jira Service Desk is your first exposure to Atlassian...

143 views 6 16
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you