Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I create a Request Type that opens a issue to another Project?

Nate Smith May 21, 2018

We started with just IT using JIRA Service Desk however, over the past 6 months we have created separate Service Desk projects for Legal, Payroll, and Marketing. These stem from different requirements but goes against our IT single point of contact campaign. Is it possible to create a Request Type button on the IT Service Desk project Customer Portal that will create a ticket for the Marketing Service Desk project (for example)?

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2018

why not simply create separate projects? Then you have something that looks like this:

Help Center:

• IT - request types: 1,2,3
  • Legal - request types: 4,5,6
  • Payroll - request types: 7,8,9

That opinion/suggestion aside and back to your specific question - You can have a request type in one project 'redirect' to another project. However, you could use automation to create one in another project and then optionally close the IT ticket. Do this based upon Request Type, e.g IT Request Type of Legal would create a task in the Legal project. This seems messy to me and would implement as I previously suggested.

Nate Smith May 21, 2018

Hi, thanks for the quick response and recommendations @Jack Brickey. I will play around with it some more but agree that using automation to do this could get messy. :) Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events