Automation SLA Rule to Notify Assignee

On JIRA 7.0.5 and Service Desk, when I try to create a automation rule to alert user about upcoming SLA breach, I can only add a user. Is there a way to alert the assignee of the issue not a particular user?

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.
Steven Behnke Community Champion Feb 05, 2016

You cannot. There is no function to do so.

As a workaround, you can simply Add Comment (Internal) and ensure your notification scheme sends Issue Commented events to the Assignee.

Thanks for your response. I am using Escalation Service to add a comment and I am trying to use

IssueInputParameters setComment(String comment, String groupId)

to add an Internal comment. Do you know which group should I use for groupId? We are using Service Desk. Thanks for your help.

Steven Behnke Community Champion Feb 05, 2016

The Alert I believe simple @mentions someone in a comment. You could simply add a private comment instead to notify the assignee of the upcoming event.

Under the 'THEN' section, "@ Alert user" it has to be a specific user name. I am trying to alert the Assignee so that it can be applied to all the issues.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 13, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

Jira Service Desk – Don’t be afraid, the journey begins with curiosity!

...be more productive while being fun to use at the same time. For some, getting started can be a bit intimidating. This is especially true if Jira Service Desk is your first exposure to Atlassian...

10,814 views 9 28
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you