Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically create Service Desk customers based on Atlas CRM Contacts?

Gary McAdams July 26, 2018

Hi, 

The sync between Service Desk customers and Atlas contacts seems to work well.  When a Service Desk customer is created, then that customer is added as an Atlas CRM contact.  Wonderful.

My question is whether it is possible to automatically add a Jira Service Desk customer based on the addition of a new Atlas CRM contact.

Currently, when I add a new Atlas CRM contact to an existing issue, I am still required to click customers > add customer > paste customer contact info > go back to issue > add customer to issue (either as the reporter or a request participant).  

There are many cases where I need to add the reporter information manually, so I would like to be able to add the contact info in one place and have the system automatically add a service desk customer, so that I can then set that customer as the reporter if necessary.  This would save about 30 seconds PER ISSUE, which is a HUGE amount of time over the course of weeks/months.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

1 answer

0 votes
Gary McAdams July 30, 2018

Just realized that my post had no tags, so I'm just bumping here.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Maarten Arts
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2018

That explains why I didn't get a notification email with your question before. It looks like you're already in contact with one of my colleagues through Jira Service Desk, so I'll let you continue the conversation there.

Michelle Gaul March 21, 2019

Hey,

i am also interested in how this issue was resolved because currently i am facing the same problem with my company....

Could one of the two of you update me on the solution, please? @Gary McAdams  @Maarten Arts 

Maarten Arts
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2019

Hi @Michelle Gaul,

Atlas CRM does not support functionality to create a JSD Customer for each Atlas CRM contact.

The Jira User Sync functionality that's available, only works in one direction: When a user or customer is created in Jira, it automatically creates an Atlas CRM contact and keeps the information in sync.

The recommended workflow is to enable Atlas CRM's Jira User Sync and use Jira Service Desk's functionality to create customers. This will ensure that your customers get an account and you get a CRM contact for each customer.

With kind regards,
Maarten

Dallas Devam July 1, 2019

Why don't I see the Jira Features section under my Atlas CRM Settings?

I followed these instructions but don't see it:

Enabling User Syncing

User syncing is disabled by default. To enable user syncing:

• Open the Atlas CRM settings.
  • Navigate to the Jira Features.
  • Set the Jira User Syncing toggle to on.
Maarten Arts
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 1, 2019

Are you on Cloud or Server? If you are on cloud, what do you see in the Atlas CRM settings?

If you’d like us to help you in private, feel free to open an issue in our service desk: https://avisi-support.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/10 

Cloud; here is what I see:screenshot-cropsify.atlascrm.cloud-2019.07.01-13-42-47.png

Maarten Arts
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 1, 2019

Hmm interesting. This is where the settings should be.

Do you have Atlas CRM installed in Jira? Or perhaps only in Confluence?

If it’s installed in Jira, please create an issue with your license number so we can look into it. 

I was looking for a way to check if I linked Atlas CRM to my Jira account but can't see how to verify; can you point me to it?

Maarten Arts
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 1, 2019

From the top of my head (I’m not near a computer at the moment) you should find it under the ‘Apps’ and the ‘Manage apps’ in Jira. 

Its possible that you installed Atlas CRM in confluence, in which case you don’t have the Jira integration with Atlas CRM. 

I do see Atlas in Confluence but I don't see Atlas CRM under Jira Settings>Apps>Manage Apps

When I search the Marketplace; Atlas CRM says "Try For Free".

If I install it here will I be billed for two licenses? If yes can you fix this if I go ahead with the install from here?

I completed the install from Jira Settings and now I see Jira Features and User Sync

Thanks!

Maarten Arts
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 1, 2019

You can use Atlas CRM in Jira or in Confluence. Both have similar functionality.

The main difference is that in Jira you link customers and sales with issues (and there’s user sync), while in Confluence you can link customers and sales with pages. 

If you want to use both versions, you will pay for both licenses. There’s currently nothing we can do to bundle licenses. 

I unsubscribed my license under Confluence.

Like Maarten Arts likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events