Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a custom email address to service desk

Aleister V.M.
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 22, 2018

I believe I have done the setup correctly to allow anyone to email my service desk. However, I am not seeing anything added to the queue when I email the service desk.

Here is how I setup my customer permissions:

Untitled.png

And email requests with custom address setup here:

custom email.png

What am I missing? Why am I not receiving any tickets in my queue when I send an email to the custom email address?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Knut Arne Ristebråten
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2018

Hi, 

Do you see anything in the logs that can help? 

Check the connectivity/processinglogs as mentioned here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/troubleshooting-jira-service-desk-incoming-mail-790960076.html

0 votes
Aleister V.M.
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 23, 2018

Hi. I have checked the logs and I see that the connection is good. However, I also see that nothing has been processed. In that case, I think there must be something wrong with the mail provider. 

Thanks for your help!

Hugo Martinez December 6, 2018

Hi, I have the same problem, any ideas how can I resolve this problem

Thank you

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events