Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need the ability to make quarters aligned to company fiscal calendar... can we expect that soon?

Solaiman, Raouf January 8, 2024

The values for the "Date" field are great -- we LOVE the ability to select a Day, Month or Quarter. However the Quarter field is not aligned to our fiscal calendar (year starts in Feb) which causes a ton of confusion and issues.  Is there any way to enable customers to adjust this?  

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Amina Bouabdallah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2024

Hi Solaiman!

Thank you for reaching out. Today, it's not yet possible. We are doing product planning right now, I will be sure to factor in your input for the timeline view. 

Best,

Amina

Solaiman, Raouf January 12, 2024

Thank you!... If you want an enterprise (especially large ones) to be able to fully adopt this, this capability is critical.  Looking forward to understanding when it might be made available. 

2 votes
joachim ramberg January 9, 2024

I have the same problem.

1 vote
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2024

Hi @Solaiman, Raouf ,

I've gone ahead and created an internal feature request. For reference, that ticket is:

• JPD-146Ability to customize quarters within timeline view

JPD feature requests and bugs are not publicly available like other Atlassian products, so we do suggest following our Community for updates and releases such as these most recent ones:

The closest workaround at this time would be to set the Timeline view's time scale to monthly, and select your fiscal year's months to view what is planned:

timelineqs.jpg

We also understand months have more flexibility in the time scale while the quarters are a bit more rigid to only the ones currently available - but I've mentioned this in feature requested to review as well.

Solaiman, Raouf March 8, 2024

Any updates on this one, @nick

Dave Tabron July 19, 2024

Hey @Nick H Just checking out all of the new functionality for enhanced timelines. The thing we still can do yet is customize the dates for quarters. This is broader than jus the timeline view. Currently when selecting quarters as dates, as a launch target for example, is divided jan-march, April - June, etc. Like many others our company does not follow the basic year. Our Fiscal Calendar is from Feb to Jan instead Jan to Dec. The current dates cause a lot of confusion when looking at our yealy plans, Regardless of the view type in JPD. 

Are there any plans to enable the ability to customize when quarters begin and end overall? 

1 vote
Chris Combe January 9, 2024

great idea, customisable calendars and cadence are super useful overlays / views.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events