Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Data Collection Using Jira Discovery Tool

Steffanie Schneider June 28, 2024

Hi Atlassian Community,

I have recently started using the Discovery tool in Jira for network and device scanning. However, I am encountering some issues and would appreciate some guidance.

When I scan from one device, I only receive data for that particular device. Is this the expected behavior of the Discovery tool? My understanding was that it should collect data from all devices on the network.

Do I need to install the Discovery tool on every individual device and perform scans from each one to gather comprehensive data? Or is there a configuration setting I might be missing that allows a single scan to capture data from multiple devices on the network?

Any insights or recommendations on how to correctly set up and use the Discovery tool would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Steffy

1 answer

0 votes
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 29, 2024

Hi, I think you're asking about the Discovery feature in Jira Service Management - it's best to ask in this group: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/ct-p/jira-service-desk

Steffanie Schneider June 30, 2024

Thank you for letting me know. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events