Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Description - inline comments?

Ben Arundel November 15, 2022

Hey

I really like the idea of templates in the idea description but I feel like there is a missing feature of inline comments. 

Similar to confluence or google docs, selecting an area and then adding an inline comment that can be reviewed/ accepted etc 

Am I missing a trick? or is it the idea that we should link back to confluence pages? 

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rohan Swami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 15, 2022

Thanks for the feedback @Ben Arundel. As @Erin Mihalik said your best option for doing this within Jira Product Discovery is to comment on the idea itself, but if you want to get a lot of comments on a subset of the text then Confluence is more appropriate.

Ben Arundel December 2, 2022

Thanks for this, I still feel pretty strongly that with your push for templates inside the idea description and now adding permissions around who can crate those templates that inline comments are a must for collaboration on ideas.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Erin Mihalik November 15, 2022

Why not just use comments on the idea itself? I know it's not the same as inline but with how easy it is to modify the description, acting on a comment left on idea would be pretty easy.

Michael Hauschild November 15, 2022

As some of the idea descriptions can be complex I would also like to see the inline comments be available. 

But it is the same struggle in the general Jira issue description, therefore we are moving the detailed descriptions of Epics to Confluence and use the collaboration features in Confluence. 

Like Eric Jahn likes this
Eric Jahn September 1, 2023

@Erin Mihalik This is insufficient, because comments often refer to a specific snippet of text, which inline comments account for.  Or, if there was a way to create a link to the specific Description text, and then hyperlink to that reference/heading in the comment.  Either way.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events