Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro-tip: reordering statuses in the status field dropdown

Hi everyone, 

A few of you have asked us is we could add the ability to reorder statuses in this dropdown:

Screenshot 2023-07-18 at 15.07.32.png

It never got to the top of the list. But today we discovered there was some kind of power Jira ninja move to make it work!

Here it is:

9 comments

Comment

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2023

A Jira Admin Pro Tip for all workflows.

Like # people like this
Adam Cole July 18, 2023

Good tip, thank you! @Tanguy Crusson - Is that One-pager Confluence link column available in JPD? Been looking for it... 🙏

Like Summer.Hogan likes this
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 18, 2023

@Adam Cole yep it's really just a hyperlink field. 

You can find details here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Product-Discovery-articles/Frequently-asked-questions-about-the-product-how-do-I/ba-p/2002378

Sections: 

How do I create a one pager for every idea?

How do I use Jira Product Discovery with Confluence?

Like # people like this
Adam Cole July 18, 2023

@Tanguy Crusson Ha, ok -- missed that FAQ, thank you! Now the debate to use that or the native templates you all created...

Like Summer.Hogan likes this
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 18, 2023

@Adam Cole cool - we use both. Confluence when there's going to be a lot of back and forth in inline comments, the template in JPD for the rest

Like # people like this
Jens Godat July 19, 2023

Great tip and super timely, I was literally just working on consolidating statuses across several projects using the workflow status.

Like Tanguy Crusson likes this
Jens Godat July 20, 2023

How long does it take for a workflow updated to be reflected in the views, @Tanguy Crusson ? I updated a workflow with the suggested parameters yesterday, but in the view, the order is unchanged, even after refreshing browser and logging out and into Atlassian again.

Like Ray Nixon likes this
Alicja Stachura
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 14, 2023

The order of the statuses in workflow worked well for me, but it doesn't get reflected in table views when sorting. Does anyone has some additional tips how to fix this part? 

Rebecca Graf February 7, 2024

Having the same issue as mentioned by @Jens Godat above: I configured the opsbar-sequence property but the changes are not visible in the dropdown. 

How long does it take to be updated?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events