Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Announcing Jira Product Discovery pricing

121 comments

Comment

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 2, 2023

All of this - your question and others in previous messages - I'll share in a subsequent article. We have a lot of pieces that have landed already and we're still trying to validate the final ones before we can share the details as to how this all fits together. 

Don't worry you'll have ample time to move from the beta edition to the free/standard edition. 

Indrek Petti March 2, 2023

Are there any instructions how this submitting ideas through a form is supposed to work?

Jeny Stoeva March 2, 2023

Hi @Tanguy Crusson , I hope you are considering the create issue dialog as a form :) 

Contributors must be able to contribute ideas from Jira. The Chrome plugin doesn't allow for a form and not every company uses Slack. And really what is the point of breaking the workflow and forcing users to work from outside of Jira especially if they are used to work with Jira?

Screenshot 2023-03-02 at 14.26.18.png

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 2, 2023

> And really what is the point of breaking the workflow and forcing users to work from outside of Jira especially if they are used to work with Jira?

I never said we would. I just said we would share more details in a subsequent article. Please bear with us, we'll get there, and in the meantime you can enjoy the free beta product 🙂

Like Jeny Stoeva likes this
Onur Asci March 2, 2023

add-edit-ideas.png

Hi @Tanguy Crusson you had literally admitted 2 messages ago that the contributors will be able to add insights, comments, votes and reactions after submitting the ideas. Is "not being able to edit ideas" conflicts with this or are we getting it wrong?

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
March 2, 2023

@Onur Asci good catch: they can add insights, comment, vote and react 👍

But they can't edit descriptions or edit other fields. 

And they can only add insights, comment, vote and react on the ideas that are visible to them.

Like # people like this
JAYASREE DEEKONDA March 6, 2023

Waiting to know more about integration of Jira Product Discovery.....

Robert Lanckton March 13, 2023

@Tanguy Crusson This is such great news. Thank you for the update! I think we're ready to move forward now :) 

Erin Mihalik March 13, 2023

@Tanguy Crusson Thanks for the update!  Assuming the new changes to Contributor will be configurable as we will not want contributors submitting ideas?  We were one of the ones that liked the other version.  If configurable, will it be configurable at a user or group level?  i.e. engineering managers can submit ideas via Slack but Operations team cannot.

Like Oliver Murray likes this
Martin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2023

Hi guys,

do you have a public roadmap we could look at and even vote on at this point?

Thank you!

Like Jens Godat likes this
Jeroen Mares March 17, 2023

Where or how can i find this 'form to submit ideas?' by contributors?

jchorus March 17, 2023

We are evaluating Product Discovery and there are a lot of things I really like about it. But how contributers can submit ideas is a really essential question for us. If you could shed some light on what this means: 

"Submit ideas - via a form.." 

that would be great. Thank you. 

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
March 21, 2023
Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this
Khalil March 22, 2023

I use Discovery as an information network to monitor the company through different monitors with different hierarchies.

Please revise your User Research with real Uxers and not marketing people as Creator and Contributor are lazy personas.

Creating ideas should be free for a team working on that monitor up to X number of people.

My willingness to pay is at the threshold of who will "manage and curate the ideas".

Sorry for the crude tone. I'm autistic.

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
March 23, 2023

Hi @Khalil no worries at all, we like direct feedback.

Can you watch the video that is in this post and tell me if that clarifies things? https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Product-Discovery-articles/A-big-update-on-Jira-Product-Discovery-pricing-creators-and/ba-p/2304729

Thanks

Peter Dimopoulos March 28, 2023

Will Jira Administrators be consider to be creators? If we have 7 administrators does that mean we need to pay for 7 creator licences?

Like Martin likes this
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2023

Hi @Peter Dimopoulos 

The answer is "yes": admins will need a JPD license to do creator functions, as Atlassian answered in the other thread on the licensing changes:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Product-Discovery-articles/A-big-update-on-Jira-Product-Discovery-pricing-creators-and/bc-p/2308389#M1122

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
March 29, 2023

@Peter Dimopoulos it depends on what you want administrators to do: if it's just create projects and manage access, then no. If admins want to create fields/views/ideas/insights, then they need a license. Details in the link that @Bill Sheboy shared.

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Markus Sirviö April 3, 2023

Is there a reason why contributors cannot be assigned for ideas and only creators can be assigned?

krzysztof_szczeklik April 4, 2023

Hi @Tanguy Crusson,

Please find the below questions for miquido.atlassian.net:

a) we have more than 10 Site Admins and Org & Site Admins (combined number) > since we joined JPD (for testing purposes), all of them have been automatically added to JPD > question: are those users billable from your perspective?
(context: they haven't signed up for JPD, and they won't be using JPD)

b) Creators / Contributors per project or organization?

example - if we want to:
- run 10 projects at JPD (each of them has a separate project at Jira Software and a separate team) 
AND
- use all JPD projects under Free Plan,
are we limited to 3 creators across all projects?  OR are we limited to 3 creators per project?

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
April 4, 2023

Hi @krzysztof_szczeklik ,

a) Everyone who is given product access to Jira Product Discovery (in admin.atlassian.com / Directory) is going to be billed for JPD. If they won't use JPD, just remove product access and they won't be charged. 

b) the limit of 3 creators is for the site, across all projects

Like Uirá Alves likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events