Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Announcing Jira Product Discovery pricing

121 comments

Comment

Jeny Stoeva January 3, 2023

@Krystal O_Connor Your wish has been granted and you can already limit who can crate ideas in the JPD :)

I hope the wish of those of us, who would like to enable anyone in the organisation to contribute ideas, to be granted too and not at the announced cost. We have an idea review process and the PMs decided if to accept or discard an idea so the idea backlog is kept clean and up to date. With JPD you can have different views which help with the organisation and orientation in the ideas backlog.

Like # people like this
Cory Smith January 13, 2023

As we near two months since this article was posted, I was wondering if there is an update on GA date or at least a rough estimate. Are you planning for GA within 2023? Early 2023? Late 2023? Maybe 2024? Thanks! This will help my company plan with the adoption of the tool.

Like # people like this
CC January 13, 2023

Are there any plans to enhance the transition rules?  I would like to validate certain fields are populated before an idea can transition.

John McKiernan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 15, 2023

Hey @Cory Smith 

Definitely 2023, we will have more news soon here. Thanks for your patience! 

John 

Like Jeny Stoeva likes this
Jouni Mikkonen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 29, 2023

I echo what was being said. Contributors should be able to insert ideas in addition to the already existing powers.

Like Dan H likes this
Florian Royer February 9, 2023

$10 for this empty product?

We are far from a mature product, and it's overpriced. Even JIRA Software has a lower price.

Any plan to be able to manage JIRA discovery projects as Company-managed instead of team-managed ?

Any plan to be bale to define several types and hierarchy and grouping of ideas ?

Like Dan H likes this
CC February 10, 2023

Are there any plans to enhance the transition rules?  I would like to validate certain fields are populated before an idea can transition.

Dan H February 16, 2023

Locking out many users in teams behind a paywall to be able to create new ideas & suggestions, goes against why we started using JPD in the first place.
It's like having a team of 15-20 users but saying only 3 of those can create tickets unless you give us more money.

We literally pay so much money to use Jira as a tools service already.

It was a nice free addition to Jira while it lasted, but guess we'll just go back to jotting down our ideas backlog in Google Spreadsheet instead.

Like # people like this
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 16, 2023

Hi everyone (including @Dan H , hopefully that will put your mind at ease 🙂) - we're currently doing a technical spike about how to make idea creation work for contributors. As part of this it would help to understand in greater details the scenarios in which people use this. There's actually a survey in the product at the moment about that, if you're able to share a few details about your use case that would be amazing. Thanks!

Like # people like this
Robert Lanckton February 16, 2023

Love what ya'll have made so far! However, I agree with a lot of the comments here - implementing pricing per person who can submit ideas really hampers the purpose of an idea resource.

For our team it would not be possible to justify potentially using this unless everyone could submit an idea. We'll just continue to use project manager forms for now. 

Like # people like this
Natalie Howell
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 16, 2023

The pricing setup is ok for us but we need the contributors to be able to view/contribute from Confluence. We do not invite our entire company into JIRA as they have no other use for it. We need to be able to link the roadmap into a Confluence page where our entire company can see it. Otherwise, it is just for our small product team and engineers and the other stakeholders are left out.

Like # people like this
Jens Godat February 17, 2023

Hi @John McKiernan could you repost the info about GA/pricing/timeline that was shared at Unleash last week? I saw it in one of the streams, but cannot find it anymore. Thanks a lot!

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
February 17, 2023

@Natalie Howell yep we're currently working on this

Like Oliver Murray likes this
John McKiernan
Atlassian Team
February 19, 2023

Hey @Jens Godat 

No problem. Here is the roundup blog: https://www.atlassian.com/blog/agile/atlassian-unleash-2023-agile-devops-jira-product-highlights

That said, this blog is still the source of truth for pricing (remains unchanged) and GA date (will announce once we have). 

Cheers!

John

Like Jens Godat likes this
Oliver Murray February 22, 2023

@John McKiernan 
I'm confused by what constitutes a CREATOR type Product Role which invokes the $10 charge.

Looking at my JPD project access page all users are currently listed as CREATOR types under the (new to me) Product Role column even though I set them up to have limited features in the Project Role settings. 

To give users visibility up until now, I have had to grant JPD product access at the site level and then add them to the private JPD project with custom permissions.

At this point, however, It seems that anyone selected for JPD Product access will be charged as a creator no matter what project permission they have. And they cannot access JPD at all without that site-level product access granted.

Is that your intention? 

Like # people like this
Andy Keohane February 22, 2023

@Tanguy Crusson mentioned a survey but I can't find any information on this.  Is it a formal survey or just the means to record feedback on this page?

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
February 23, 2023

Hi @Oliver Murray I'll answer your question tomorrow

@Andy Keohane we got enough answers to the survey so we stopped it - the answer is pretty clear, so we've started a technical spike on letting contributors submit ideas and will share results soon - before we press play on the transition out of beta. 

David Nadri February 23, 2023

@Tanguy Crusson - awesome! THANK YOU and the the team so much for responding to the massive surge in feedback on this particular request for allowing contributors to create ideas, trying to understand it, and adapting the product accordingly. Not many companies pivot quickly after hearing feedback.

Could you please just share a description of the planned UX for how contributors will be able to submit ideas? Will it just be the same way creators can create ideas directly within the JPD project and from the integrations, such as Teams and Chrome? (I shared some feedback via the survey). Thank you Tanguy!

P.S. Awesome presentation at Unleash (recommended watch): 

Like John McKiernan likes this
Andy Keohane February 24, 2023

PD team - one of the capabilities we'd like contributors to have is to be able to modify/set the 'evaluate' scores & change the status when an idea comes into the near-term window.  I know the spike is ongoing, but do you have an idea on when you will you be able to share the resulting proposal please?  Thanks

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
February 24, 2023

@Oliver Murray I spoke too soon, still need a bit of time to write this response - definitely early next week 😅

@Andy Keohane that bit I can answer already: even when contributors are able to submit ideas, they won't be able to edit them after that (that's a creator feature). If the solution works as we expect, when they submit the idea it should be possible for contributors to set field values (like a score)

Andy Keohane February 24, 2023

Thanks for the response @Tanguy Crusson - will contributors still be able to add insights after the idea is created?  Perhaps it would help to have a matrix of ticks and crosses to show what you expect contributors to be able to do / not do?

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
February 24, 2023

Yep: add insights, comments, votes, reactions.

Like # people like this
Elaine Cawthorne March 1, 2023

Hi do we have a time frame when Beta will be switched off?  we are trying to decide on the number of contributors vs creators but it's difficult if we don't know the features available to each.  I'm assuming I don't need to worry and we won't be charged until its decided?

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
March 2, 2023

Hi everyone, we're still working through technical spikes to validate the last bits of the pricing model, but I've just updated the page with 2 things that we can confirm today:

1. Yes, contributors will be able to "submit" ideas - via a form, the Chrome extension and chat apps. However they will not be able to edit these ideas
  2. There is now a table that breaks down who can do what between creators and contributors. 

As usual, feedback welcome. 

Like # people like this
Claudio Palmeri March 2, 2023

Is there a view of how the access model is going to work? Will Contributors and Creators have different Groups within Atlassian Access?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events