Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACTION REQUIRED: how to move from Beta to the Free or Standard plans of Jira Product Discovery (JPD)

102 comments

Comment

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2023

Thanks @Tanguy Crusson as that seems to work for access.

Caroline Tatam May 26, 2023

We're also having problems with Step 7: upgrade to the JPD Free or Standard plan. 

We don't have the 'Manage' link under Administration, it says Manage for all our other subscriptions but for JPD it just says 'Contact support'?

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 1, 2023

@Caroline Tatam I'm sorry I just saw this message! Did you solve it with support? 

This happens if you are a site administrator but not a billing administrator. There are 2 ways to resolve this: 

1. You can ask someone who can manage billing to do the upgrade or make you a billing administrator
  2. or you can contact Atlassian support who can help you through that.
Caroline Tatam June 1, 2023

Thanks Tanguy, we managed to get this sorted. We didn't realise you could be a billing admin on some products but not all. Thanks!

Blake Elliott June 6, 2023

@Tanguy Crusson Are you able to inform of us if this product will eventually be a paid subscription model only?

Blake Elliott June 6, 2023

@Tanguy Crusson follow up question - if we have more than 3 creators come August 17th when the transition from Beta occurs, what will happen if we have more than 3 on a JIRA Product Discovery project? Will they automatically be removed or assigned as "Contributors"? Thank you for the support!

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 6, 2023

@Blake Elliott the beta is ending on 17 August. After that you will only have the free plan (up to 3 creators) and the standard plan.

You need to move to one of these plans before then, or it will just stop working (and ask you to upgrade to the free or standard plan). We're not going to automatically move you to one of these plans, or change anything in your setup (e.g. who's a creator or contributor)

Laura Friedman June 7, 2023

Seriously, I went through the tedious video a month ago to transition to standard users. It shows as Standard users in my list of products in the Admin area.

Just now, it was deactivated WITH NO WARNING.

Now I have to go through some sort of "Contact Support" process to get it turned back on.

What in the world???

We're about to start a Sprint and NEED THAT DATA.

You guys need a better and smoother way to do this...

Ridiculous...

Len Bergman June 7, 2023

I had the same issue.  I got Reactivating but now waiting on how to get the billing charged correctly.  

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
June 8, 2023

@Laura Friedman @Len Bergman shit, that's no good! We apologize for this - we're investigating, that's definitely not meant to happen. We'll get to the bottom of this. In the meantime, Laura I shared a link with you in the other post you wrote so you can book time so we can get you back on track

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
June 8, 2023

If anyone else if facing the same issue, please double check step 8: if you don't have billing details (a credit card on file) - even if you already have it for other Jira products, then your standard trial will be automatically deactivated after the 14 day trial.

This is because Atlassian is currently moving to a new billing system, so not every product is on the same one for some sites. Which adds a bit of complication for everyone... I'll make this point more strongly in the instructions.

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
June 8, 2023

@Laura Friedman I gave you more details in the other post

@Len Bergman in your case I can see you don't have payment details on file (credit card) for Jira Product Discovery (step 8). Is that correct?

Len Bergman June 8, 2023

@Tanguy Crusson , correct, we have no payment details on file.  But would like to be billed the same way as our other Atlassian subscriptions (JIRA, Confluence, etc).

David Harper June 14, 2023

I've removed all users from site-admins group, but it appears that if a user is set to "Trusted" in their Product Roles then this automatically turns JPD on and consumes a seat. This doesn't seem to happen if you set the role to "Administrator". Is this correct? 

This is on the https://admin.atlassian.com/s/<uuid> screen in the admin panel.

Like Tanguy Crusson likes this
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
June 15, 2023

@David Harper That is correct, I've just clarified on the page: 

Trusted users (a deprecated user experience) will also use a license for all products on site. The only workaround in this case is to change the user's role to either Basic or Site-admins, after removing product access from the site-admins group.

Like David Harper likes this
Mirko Grahnert June 19, 2023

Hey there, thanks for the instructions. A few questions that I wanted to clarify: 

1. Contributors that are currently listed in the JPD Access section will need to be manually added to the Contributor group or otherwise, they’ll lose access. Is that correct - or does this only apply to users without access to a Jira Product?
  2. Going forward, users can’t be given Contributor access through the ‘Add user to Product’ CTA on the JPD Access screen. Instead, they will need to be added to the group. Is that correct or does this only apply to users without access to a Jira Product??
  3. If a user has access to a Jira Product, will they still have Contributor access by default, even if the JPD project access level is set to ‘Private’?
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
June 19, 2023

@Mirko Grahnert 

1. this only applies to users without access to a Jira Product.
  2. same, this only applies to users  without access to a Jira Product.
  3. If a user has access to a Jira product, they are a JPD contributor on the site. From there they can be added as contributors to any discovery project, either explicitly (e.g. open project) or manually (e.g. closed project, they need to be added specifically to the project as a contributor)
Like Mirko Grahnert likes this
John McKiernan
Atlassian Team
June 26, 2023

Hey all, 

for anyone who needs a helping hand moving from beta to the Free or Standard plan - the product team will be running office hours to help over Zoom in July and August. You can pop over to this post to signup. 

Cheers,

John

Jens Godat June 28, 2023

Good morning @Hermance NDounga ,

I registered for the webinar and got a confirmation and calendar invite for tomorrow June 29 10am Amsterdam time, but this morning received an email reminder that it is today June 28. Can you please clarify when it will take place?

Thanks,

Jens

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
June 28, 2023

@Jens Godat it's starting in a couple of minutes

Jens Godat June 28, 2023

Ah then I had to miss it - thanks, @Tanguy Crusson . Will the 10am CEST session tomorrow I registered for still happen, or will you share a recording from today's session?

John McKiernan
Atlassian Team
June 28, 2023

Hey @Jens Godat

we will be sharing the recording later this week so you can watch it then at your own leisure :) 

Like Roni Rachmani likes this
Virginie Leguem July 5, 2023

Hi @Tanguy Crusson

I have the same issue mentioned by Amanda, even if I'm a site admin, I can't remove one of the user's access to JPD due to them also being a site admin.

Also, it seems that I either revoke all access from Jira, or allow it all. Why can't I revoke only JPD access for users?

Thanks!

Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 15.26.51.png

Rohan Swami
Atlassian Team
July 5, 2023

@Virginie Leguem the steps you need to follow are below:

Step 3 (optional): remove product access from site administrators

By default, when you add a new product to a site, the site-admins user group is given access to that product - this means that every site administrator will have access to Jira Product Discovery and consume a license. And count towards the 3 creator user limit for the free plan.

To prevent this:

• On the top nav bar, select ⚙️ > User Management > Directory
  • In the left nav bar, open Groups
  • Open the site-admins group
  • For "Jira Product Discovery", select "None"

Note: trusted users (a deprecated user experience) will also use a license for all products on site. The only workaround in this case is to change the user's role to either Basic or Site-admin, after removing product access from the site-admins group.

If this doesn't work for you please create a support ticket by clicking on Give feedback at the bottom of the left panel in Jira Product Discovery.

Erik Lau July 7, 2023

hi @Tanguy Crusson I'm trying to update from JPD Beta to Standard following the instructions above.  When I click on "Manage" next to "Jira PD Beta" in the Billing menu a message popped up that I don't have permission to managed JPD.  I am a site admin.

Please advise,

Erik

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events