validated field able to be cleared

When we require a field on transition how can we prevent the field from being cleared out on the edit screen or with inline edit?

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

If you require the field to be changed only on the transition then you should add the field to a screen that is only used for the transition. It should not be included on any other screen especially the edit screen as that will allow inline editing. 

You then need to set a validator on the transition to ensure that the field is completed as part of the transition.

Hi Kevin,

If you have Script Runner installed, using Behaviours, you can make it read-only.

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/behaviours-overview.html

Beh.PNG

Regards

Chander

Right, but once it has transitioned what prevents them from hitting edit and removing it?

Who was this comment aimed at? @Phill Fox or @Chander Inguva ?

Nothing - that's why you remove it from the edit screen.

Steven Behnke Community Champion Jan 06, 2016

If you're experiencing this problem you're not using the Edit function right. If you give everyone Edit permissions, you have zero control of your data. Use transitions + validators without Edit operations if you need to control data.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

215 views 3 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you