transition issue permission not visible in permission scheme

nidhis November 5, 2015

05-11-2015 11-24-05.png

Hi team,

I am trying to configure permissions for a project.

I want JIRA-users should only be just able to view the issue-set comment, attachments on the issue.
Reporter of the issue and users of issue, should be able to do all the transitioning.

Once I am setting permissions for JIRA users, I have checked with one user, he is able to transition issue as well along with adding comment, attachments.

I have realized that transition issue permission is not present in my permission scheme for Project. why is it so?
Please find attachment.

Regards,
Nidhi

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 5, 2015

It sounds like you are on an older version of JIRA that does not yet have the "transition issues" permission.  What version are you on?

0 votes
Jeremy Gaudet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2015

Transition privileges are managed per-transition within the workflow as conditions.  For example, the default "Resolve Issue" transition has a condition that the user have the "Resolve Issues" permission; however, you can set those up as being group members, role members, etc.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 5, 2015

Not in later versions of JIRA

Suggest an answer