adding new field to ticket

Sue Wightman March 30, 2016

3 answers

0 votes
Sue Wightman March 31, 2016

And..I did reindex - noticed that the Account field is marked as Locked.  What we are trying to do is add a customer name to the item/card for it to display?  We would also like to be able to filter by this field.  Should I create a custom field in order to accomplish this?  any advice would be welcome. Thanks. Sue

0 votes
Sue Wightman March 30, 2016

I found out how to add it and it worked great - although currently it is spinning on that field when I choose to edit it and I can't actually edit that field.  Thoughts? 

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2016

Not a very good description of what you want. If you want user to add an existing field to any ticket then no, it can't be done. If you want a new field to appear for all issues of that type just add the field to JIRA if it doesn't exist and then add it to the screen(s) desired for the issue type in the project. If you make it required in the field configuration it will be required the next time the issue is edited.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events