Workflow condition: reporter belongs to X group

Marta Lopez Reyes _UOC_ May 31, 2017

Hi !

This is my first question in the community!

I need to add a workflow condition: reporter belongs to X group.

Colud you please help me?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2017

You'll need some code to do that as I read it.

You can do "current user is the reporter and the current user is in group X" off-the-shelf. 

But I think you're asking for "Check that the reporter of the issue, Chuck, is in group X, when Dave is trying to perform the transition", which is not an option you have.

I'd use the script runner for this, as usual, but there are other add-ons that support scripted conditions, and probably one that could provide exactly that condition.

Thanks, we have already scriptrunner, is it easy to implement? Any quickly idea? I'm not a coder...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2017

It should be.  I'm not a proper coder either, but I think you'll want something that can get the list of users in a group, and check if the issue.reporter is in the list.

I would say check for groups in issue.reporter.getGroups(), but there is easy getGroups() function and no way to directly read a user and say "what groups are they in" as far as I can make out.

thanks a lot Nic!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events