What version should we upgrade to if we are on 6.2.5?

mfarrell March 9, 2016

WE are currently running JIRA 6.2.5 and we know we need to upgrade. What is the next level we should upgrade to?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2016

Unless you can think of a good reason not to.

mfarrell March 9, 2016

Are there intermediate upgrades we have to do or can we jump directly from 6.2.5 to 7.1?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2016

You should be able to go direct.  For JIRA anyway.  When you test it, you may find add-ons don't like the jump and fail (although I suspect it'xs unlikely).  If you do run into issues in testing, then I'd try these paths in this order:

1. 6.2 -> 6.4 -> 7.1
  2. 6.2 -> 7.0 -> 7.1
  3. 6.2 -> 6.4 -> 7.0 -> 7.1

But seriously, I'd expect 6.2 - 7.1 to sail through.  I've just done a 6.1 -> 7.1 on a medium system with quite a few add-ons, and not hit a single version related issue
mfarrell April 7, 2016

Nic, we have Stand-Alone instance of JIRA 6.2.5 and we're not quite sure, after having read through the instructions, what path to take. We are trying to install using the 7.1.4 .zip file after having renamed our old JIRA installation out of the way. Also we have everything backed up should we need to go back to square one. Any advice on how to proceed?

Thanks,

Mike

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 7, 2016

I'd start with testing 6.2 -7.1 on a test copy of the system.  If that goes well, you'll be able to build  a good plan to do production and if it goes badly, you'll have time to work through any problems.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events