What happens to add-ons settings after moving JIRA to another server?

Shirley Jhirad March 23, 2016

Hi,

I'm in a middle of a JIRA move from one server to the other. The DB moves as well to a different location. The old server has plugins such as Tempo timesheets and Salesforce connector.

So what i have done so far is:

1.Install JIRA on the new server

2.Restore the db 

As far as the JIRA issues - they all load ok, Same goes for the Agile Boards.

Now my question is what will happen to the other addons i mentioned, Was there data and configurations preserved? Currently i do not see them under managed add-ons.

Do i need to install them again on the new server, if so, what will happen to the old settings i have? 

What's the best approach to preserve all the old settings i Had?

Thanks

Shirley

2 answers

2 votes
Michael Partyka
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2016

Hi Shirley,

before you restore db you should install all add-ons manually.

If you will not do this you will have many errors during import.

If you will have any questions let me know.

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2016

It depends on what add-ons do you have. Some add-on configs are stored in the iTrack database or the JIRA installation directory. I constantly copy my production JIRA instance to a test JIRA instance and all I do is copy the DB schema and the JIRA home installation directory.

Suggest an answer