Uncaught exception thrown by REST service

Ouerghi Yassine September 17, 2016

Hello, 

I have installed JIRA  7.2.1 on my windows and running it as a server on port 5555.

When i browse the application from localhost (my pc), everything works fine, but when i open it from a remote computer (over the internet) some plugins does not function anymore.

Example in the main dashboard, the Activity Stream show the "An internal server error occurred when requesting resource ." error message. 

Even the Draw.io plugin can't save the drawn diagrams.

But all of this does not occur on localhost.

Here is what the logs are showing: 

2016-09-17 14:26:13,645 http-nio-5555-exec-16 DEBUG anonymous 866x92x1 ft1w6x 93.115.95.216 /rest/gadget/1.0/login [c.a.activeobjects.osgi.ActiveObjectsServiceFactory] getService bundle [com.atlassian.jira.plugins.webhooks.jira-webhooks-plugin]
2016-09-17 14:26:41,216 http-nio-5555-exec-5 ERROR evilkid 866x308x1 6zud20 93.115.95.216 /rest/webResources/1.0/resources [c.a.p.r.c.error.jersey.ThrowableExceptionMapper] Uncaught exception thrown by REST service: null
java.net.SocketTimeoutException
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioBlockingSelector.read(NioBlockingSelector.java:202)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioSelectorPool.read(NioSelectorPool.java:250)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioSelectorPool.read(NioSelectorPool.java:231)
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.InternalNioInputBuffer.fill(InternalNioInputBuffer.java:133)
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.InternalNioInputBuffer$SocketInputBuffer.doRead(InternalNioInputBuffer.java:177)
	... 4 filtered
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.buf.ByteChunk.substract(ByteChunk.java:395)
	... 2 filtered
	at org.codehaus.jackson.impl.Utf8StreamParser.loadMore(Utf8StreamParser.java:172)
	at org.codehaus.jackson.impl.JsonParserBase.loadMoreGuaranteed(JsonParserBase.java:425)
	at org.codehaus.jackson.impl.Utf8StreamParser._finishString2(Utf8StreamParser.java:1924)
	at org.codehaus.jackson.impl.Utf8StreamParser._finishString(Utf8StreamParser.java:1905)
	at org.codehaus.jackson.impl.Utf8StreamParser.getText(Utf8StreamParser.java:276)
	at org.codehaus.jackson.map.deser.std.StringCollectionDeserializer.deserialize(StringCollectionDeserializer.java:165)
	at org.codehaus.jackson.map.deser.std.StringCollectionDeserializer.deserialize(StringCollectionDeserializer.java:146)
	at org.codehaus.jackson.map.deser.std.StringCollectionDeserializer.deserialize(StringCollectionDeserializer.java:18)
	at org.codehaus.jackson.map.deser.SettableBeanProperty.deserialize(SettableBeanProperty.java:299)
	at org.codehaus.jackson.map.deser.SettableBeanProperty$FieldProperty.deserializeAndSet(SettableBeanProperty.java:579)
	at org.codehaus.jackson.map.deser.BeanDeserializer.deserializeFromObject(BeanDeserializer.java:697)
	at org.codehaus.jackson.map.deser.BeanDeserializer.deserialize(BeanDeserializer.java:580)
	at org.codehaus.jackson.map.ObjectMapper._readValue(ObjectMapper.java:2704)
	at org.codehaus.jackson.map.ObjectMapper.readValue(ObjectMapper.java:1315)
	at org.codehaus.jackson.jaxrs.JacksonJsonProvider.readFrom(JacksonJsonProvider.java:419)
	at com.sun.jersey.spi.container.ContainerRequest.getEntity(ContainerRequest.java:490)
	at com.sun.jersey.spi.container.AdaptingContainerRequest.getEntity(AdaptingContainerRequest.java:236)
	... 15 filtered
	at com.atlassian.plugins.rest.module.RestDelegatingServletFilter$JerseyOsgiServletContainer.doFilter(RestDelegatingServletFilter.java:154)
	... 1 filtered
	at com.atlassian.plugins.rest.module.RestDelegatingServletFilter.doFilter(RestDelegatingServletFilter.java:68)
	... 36 filtered
	at com.atlassian.web.servlet.plugin.request.RedirectInterceptingFilter.doFilter(RedirectInterceptingFilter.java:21)
	... 53 filtered
	at com.atlassian.jira.security.JiraSecurityFilter.lambda$doFilter$0(JiraSecurityFilter.java:76)
	... 1 filtered
	at com.atlassian.jira.security.JiraSecurityFilter.doFilter(JiraSecurityFilter.java:74)
	... 16 filtered
	at com.atlassian.plugins.rest.module.servlet.RestSeraphFilter.doFilter(RestSeraphFilter.java:37)
	... 20 filtered
	at com.atlassian.jira.servermetrics.CorrelationIdPopulatorFilter.doFilter(CorrelationIdPopulatorFilter.java:30)
	... 10 filtered
	at com.atlassian.web.servlet.plugin.request.RedirectInterceptingFilter.doFilter(RedirectInterceptingFilter.java:21)
	... 4 filtered
	at com.atlassian.web.servlet.plugin.LocationCleanerFilter.doFilter(LocationCleanerFilter.java:36)
	... 29 filtered
	at com.atlassian.jira.servermetrics.MetricsCollectorFilter.doFilter(MetricsCollectorFilter.java:25)
	... 27 filtered
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

1 answer

0 votes
noamdah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2016

Make sure that your base url is set correctly, meaning that you should access JIRA from the VM name or DNS name even from the local server. Going to JIRA from localhost url is usually for dev env.

Set the base url to the url that you use to access JIRA from the remote computer, for example:

http://VMname:5555

And log in to JIRA using that url even if you are in the local server.

If it is still not working run the integrity checker and health check.

Ouerghi Yassine September 17, 2016

Yes the base url is set correctly, and i cannot login from the local server with the base url because my router does not support NAT loopback, anyways acceding from local server isnt the problem, the remote users are.

All the checks passed.

Like Thanigaivel Rajendran likes this
noamdah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2016

In this case i suggest that you contact Atlassian Support. Sorry i could not be of more help.

Ouerghi Yassine September 18, 2016

ok thank you.

Avinash May 18, 2017

@ouerghi - any solution ?

Suggest an answer