The "Create Sprint" button is inactive - even after ordering by Rank asc

Hello

My create sprint button is inactive.   The following message comes up when you hover over the button;  "The board must be ordered by Rank in order to add sprint".  So duly updated the dashboard filter (see below) to order by rank, however, the button is still inactive

filter: "project = "project A" AND component = DSFeeds-Oasys order by rank asc "

Please note: My Role within this project is administrator and I have also tried "order by rank" without the 'asc'

3 answers

0 vote
Mirek Community Champion Mar 23, 2016

Did you tried default filter" without this component parameter?

project = name-of-project ORDER BY Rank ASC

What will happen if you create a new board for your project?

0 vote

I've done this several times - amend the filter, and forget that I've not actually saved it as the right one.  Could you check that the board configuration displays your corrected JQL?  Also, there should be an option to "order by rank" next to it if the system thinks the rank is missing, so that's worth a try!

We experienced this issue after upgrading to JIRA 7.2. Our previous custom filter ended:

ORDER BY RANK ASC

which worked fine in previous versions of JIRA. Changing to:

ORDER BY Rank ASC

makes it work in 7.2!

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Jira

Join our webinar: How 1B+ feature flag events helped us build the new Jira

Every time you release software, there's a bit of risk – that there's a bug, that something breaks, or that the feature doesn't resonate with customers. Feature flagging helps make high stakes s...

137 views 0 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you