Tempo Periods

Philip Armour November 30, 2016

Hi,

Maybe a stupid question...

For Periods in Tempo Timesheets you define a start date and a month which can only be December or January - can anyone explain to me why that is the case?

Thanks in advance!

Philip

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2016

Hi Philip, 

with this settings you can configure the periods and Period Numbers you are using in Tempo Timesheets. By default it is set to Jan 1st and will always be a month. If you want the default to be different, you can change it to have a different start day then the 1st.

As an example, when you change the start date to December 15, your default periods will always start on the 15th of each month and the Period number for Dec 15, 2016 - Jan 14, 2017 will be 0117 (first period for 2017).

If you set the start date to Jan 15, the period from Jan 15, 2017 - Feb 14, 2017 will get the Period Number 0117.

Hope this helps 

Regards,

Susanne

Hi Susanne,

that is helpful- thanks. Just to be completely clear - do you mean it is not possible to configure periods in Tempo Timsesheets which are not 1 month in duration? 

Presumably it is also not possible to have Period 1 starting in a month other than Dec or Jan?

Also if I set the start date to Jan 15 as in your example and start using Tempo Timesheets from 15th November then it just means my first period number will be 11, right?

Thanks in advance,

Philip

Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2016

You are correct in all points smile

Periods are always one month, period 1 starts always in Dec or Jan and when Jan 15 is chosen as start date, the current period (starting Nov 15) will be 11.

Regards,

Susanne

Many thanks Susanne for the help

Suggest an answer