Set Due date to 2 weeks prior to launch date specified

Kalpana Ramesh July 26, 2016

I have to update the due date of a subtask based on the custom field called "Launch Date" in the Parent issue. I am trying to test my code:

import com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.CustomFieldManager
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.CustomField
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.IssueManager
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.MutableIssue
import java.sql.Timestamp

def customFieldManager = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager()

cfParent = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectByName('Launch Date') //Launch Date is the custom field to be moved from the parent
parentMyFieldValue = transientVars["issue"].getCustomFieldValue(cfParent)
if (DueDate < CurrentDate())   //condition so that due date is not before current date             
{
issue.setDueDate(CurrentDate())
}
else 
{
issue.setDueDate(cfParent, new Timestamp((new Date() - 14).time))
}

I am also getting errors related to transientVars.

I am new to groovy so any help would be really useful. Thank you so much! 

2 answers

0 votes
Kalpana Ramesh July 29, 2016

Hi Thanos! 

Thank you so much for your help. I tried to create a post function using your script. Is the following script right? How do i call the issue when i am not testing it? As in i want to avoid using 

issue = ComponentManager.getInstance().getIssueManager().getIssueObject("SM_IMSREQUEST-386")

import com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.IssueManager
import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
issue = ComponentManager.getInstance().getIssueManager().getIssueObject("SM_IMSREQUEST-386")
def subtasks = issue.getSubTaskObjects()
if (!subtasks) {
    log.debug "There are no subtasks - do nothing"
    return
}
def issueService = ComponentAccessor.issueService
def currentUser = ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext().getLoggedInUser()

// for all the available subtasks update their due date
subtasks.each { subtask ->
    def parentLaunchDate = issue.getCustomFieldValue(customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjects(issue).find {it.name == "Initial Launch"}) as Date
    Calendar cal = Calendar.getInstance()
    cal.setTime(parentLaunchDate)
    cal.add(Calendar.DATE, -14)
    def issueInputParameters = issueService.newIssueInputParameters().setDueDate(cal.getTime().format("d/MMM/yy")) //replace with the format you use
    def validationResult = issueService.validateUpdate(currentUser, subtask.id, issueInputParameters)
    assert !validationResult.errorCollection.hasAnyErrors()
    def issueResult = issueService.update(currentUser, validationResult)
    log.info "Subtask updated: ${issueResult.issue}"
}

i get the output as the subtask key. But when i use it in the post function, the subtasks aren't getting created. 

I am not sure if i am doing it right since i am new to this. 

Thanks!

Kalpana

Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2016

Kalpana,

just try to remove 

The issue variable will be the issue in transition (is bound, you do not have to declare it anywhere in your script).

Kalpana Ramesh July 31, 2016

Hi Thanos, 

I tried adding it as a post function after removing the above line. I witnessed that the sub task was not getting created at all. 

0 votes
Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2016

Hi Kalpana,

Below is a custom listener, that will listen to issue updated and created events and automatically will update the due date of the updated issue's subtask(s). 

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor

Issue issue = event.issue

def subtasks = issue.getSubTaskObjects()
if (!subtasks) {
    log.debug "There are no subtasks - do nothing"
    return
}

def issueService = ComponentAccessor.issueService
def currentUser = ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext().getLoggedInUser()

// for all the available subtasks update their due date
subtasks.each { subtask ->
    def parentLaunchDate = issue.getCustomFieldValue(customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjects(issue).find {it.name == "Launch Date"}) as Date
    Calendar cal = Calendar.getInstance()
    cal.setTime(parentLaunchDate)
    cal.add(Calendar.DATE, -14)
    def issueInputParameters = issueService.newIssueInputParameters().setDueDate(cal.getTime().format("d/MMM/yy")) //replace with the format you use
    def validationResult = issueService.validateUpdate(currentUser, subtask.id, issueInputParameters)
    assert !validationResult.errorCollection.hasAnyErrors()
    def issueResult = issueService.update(currentUser, validationResult)
    log.info "Subtask updated: ${issueResult.issue}"
}

Now, fro the script you posted I can see that you are trying to implement a post function during a workflow transition. If that is the case then you can easily modify the script above to fit in a post function (even thought I think a listener will be a more appropriate solution), please let me know if you need further assistance.

regards

Thanos

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events