Project configurator nullpointer exception

nidhis May 6, 2016

Hi Team,

I am trying to load configurations of a project to JIRA instance, its showing me below error:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.option.IssueConstantOption.getId(IssueConstantOption.java:48)

at com.awnaba.projectconfigurator.jiraobjectfacades.IssueTypeSchemeToolsImpl.getIssueTypes(IssueTypeSchemeToolsImpl.java:91)

at com.awnaba.projectconfigurator.loaders.handlers.JiraProjectHandler$7.propertySetLogMessage(JiraProjectHandler.java:287)

at com.awnaba.projectconfigurator.loaders.core.AbstractIntegratedHandler$2.logMessageContent(AbstractIntegratedHandler.java:263)

at com.awnaba.projectconfigurator.loaders.core.AbstractLogger.log(AbstractLogger.java:23)

at com.awnaba.projectconfigurator.loaders.core.AbstractSmartPropertySetter.smartSet(AbstractSmartPropertySetter.java:13)

at com.awnaba.projectconfigurator.loaders.core.AbstractIntegratedHandler.processOnepropertyHelper(AbstractIntegratedHandler.java:279)

at com.awnaba.projectconfigurator.loaders.core.AbstractIntegratedHandler.processPropertyActionList(AbstractIntegratedHandler.java:240)

at com.awnaba.projectconfigurator.loaders.core.AbstractIntegratedHandler.handleSubordinatesAndProperties(AbstractIntegratedHandler.java:212)

at com.awnaba.projectconfigurator.loaders.core.AbstractIntegratedHandler.modifyTarget(AbstractIntegratedHandler.java:168)

at com.awnaba.projectconfigurator.loaders.handlers.JiraProjectHandler.finishHandling(JiraProjectHandler.java:600)

at com.awnaba.projectconfigurator.loaders.handlers.ProjectConfigLoader.loadOperations(ProjectConfigLoader.java:138)

at com.awnaba.projectconfigurator.loaders.handlers.ProjectConfigLoader.doLoad(ProjectConfigLoader.java:84)

at com.awnaba.projectconfigurator.operationsapi.impl.ProjectConfigImporterImpl.doImport(ProjectConfigImporterImpl.java:195)

at com.awnaba.projectconfigurator.operationsapi.impl.ProjectConfigImporterImpl.access$200(ProjectConfigImporterImpl.java:33)

at com.awnaba.projectconfigurator.operationsapi.impl.ProjectConfigImporterImpl$ConfigImporterTask.call(ProjectConfigImporterImpl.java:254)

at com.awnaba.projectconfigurator.operationsapi.impl.ProjectConfigImporterImpl$ConfigImporterTask.call(ProjectConfigImporterImpl.java:242)

at com.atlassian.jira.task.TaskManagerImpl$TaskCallableDecorator.call(TaskManagerImpl.java:528)

at com.atlassian.jira.task.TaskManagerImpl$TaskCallableDecorator.call(TaskManagerImpl.java:491)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)

at com.atlassian.jira.task.ForkedThreadExecutor$ForkedRunnableDecorator.run(ForkedThreadExecutor.java:254)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

I have checked its resolution on the below link:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/nullpointerexception-when-creating-issue-editing-issue-move-issue-accessing-the-screen-tab-from-the-project-296097082.html

But its not the same issue in my instance ,also in JIRA logs I don’t find any other logs related to it.

Can you please suggest what can be the issue here? I

Regards,

Nidhi

1 answer

0 votes
José Marañón [Awnaba Software S.L.]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2016

NOTE: This question was answered on our support email account on May 6th. I am adding a summary of its resolution here, so that it can be useful to other users that may find this same issue.

This problem arises when the importer tries to change the issue type scheme for a project. The messages in the load trace immediately before the error should be enough to identify the affected project.

This error is caused by an inconsistency in the issue type scheme that project had before the import in the target instance. The exact problem could be the one described in the JIRA KB article mentioned in the question, but in this case that was discarded by a query on the database.

The problem was solved by editing the issue type scheme for that project, then the import run without error. A new issue type scheme was assigned manually to the project. Another option could be adding a few isue types to the existing isue type scheme and removing those added issue types later.

Roy Chapman July 11, 2016

In my case I had an issue called Defect which in PROD (where I tried to import) had been assigned an icon but in UAT (where I created the export) it had no icon.  I added the icon in UAT and re-exported and the import worked.

Suggest an answer