Ordering custom field

Johann Moro
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 7, 2016

(Editing this question as I incorrectly entered it previously)

We have created a custom field called "Acceptance Criteria". In all the screens definitions, this new fields is ordered after the Description field but in the following screens/view, Acceptance Criteria always appears before Description:

• Summary view in the Board
  • Detailed View of the Issue

The following forms respect the defined order:

• Create a new issue
  • Edit issue

I can see that the custom field appears in a section called Details while Description has a section of its own. How can I make Description the first field displayed in all these views ?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2016

Yes, you can have them in JIRA.

Johann Moro
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 7, 2016

I have edited my question as I clearly submitted a question when I intended to do a search.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2016

Answers seems to encourage that, I just respond to prompt people to do exactly what you've just done!

The JIRA view screen rearranges a number of fields, gathering together the people, date and "system" fields (including description) into distinct sections, which is why it's ending up in a funny place.  I'm afraid this is deliberate and you can't do anything about it without hacking the core code that displays that screen.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events