Kanban - Move item from Resolved to Closed When Released

gkuper
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 22, 2016

Is it possible to have the status of an item changed from Resolved to Closed when you create a release in a Kanban board?

2 answers

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 22, 2016

There's no built-in way to transition issues from status to status, (such as Resolved to Closed) when pressing the Release button to create or release a version on a Kanban Board. I would probably rely on a script to remotely check the version status and then transition the issues in question, in response.

Alternatively you could write a Listener or a Script Runner Listener to achieve this instead via the aforementioned logic.

image2016-3-22 13:13:31.png

0 votes
Sean Herring [Equip] March 22, 2016

Resolved isn't generally a status like Closed, Open or in Progress. However, setting a resolution is what tells JIRA that the issue is closed. The way to tell if a resolution has been set is to actually set the resolution to anything other than Unresolved.

There are a couple of ways to do this. First, you can have your admin put in a Post Function that will automatically set the resolution to, say, Done when the issue is moved to the Closed status.

The second way is to show the field in either the ticket, or a resolution screen on the transition and set it there. Based on experience, it is better to use a resolution screen that only shows when the issue is moved to the Closed status. Also, it is good practice to have a Purge Resolution Post Function on any transitions out of the Closed status. If you don't, the issue will always show up as resolved.

Does this answer your question?

Suggest an answer