Jira 7.0 stopped working in IE11

David Kiellar March 10, 2016

We are using JIRA 7.0.  It was working fine in IE11 for awhile, all be it slowly, but all of a sudden it stopped working.  At first I get a webpage cannot be displayed.  Then I refresh and it just keeps trying to load, but nothing happens.  It works just fine in Firefox, loads right up.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2016

Have you tried a different browser?  If that still has a problem, it's not IE, and you need to look at what the server is doing instead - read the application log files as a starter, I'd expect to see errors in there, and also monitor it for load (is JIRA thrashing resources and struggling to run?)

David Kiellar March 10, 2016

for some reason it stopped working, but if i put http first, it works.  Question, when it says user directory failed synchronise, see server logs.  which logs should i look at?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2016

Hmm, sounds like a browser setting has changed - a lot assume the "http" if you don't specify it at all, and that's probably stopped working rather than anything else.

User directory failures - start with the JIRA application log (which is where I suspect you're seeing them?).  Work through one block of synchronisation errors, it might tell you what the problem is, or hint at it.  Sometimes, it won't give you anything other than "failed to sync <user>", and if that happens, it's a right royal pain.  In those cases, the log file on the directory server might help, and turning up the logging in this area in JIRA might help too (in the logging and profiling admin section)

Suggest an answer