Issue notifications to users without permission group or application

I have tested in JIRA Core 7.2, that users not belonging to jira-users or admins and without an application can still receive email notifications if checkd as active.

I'd like to confirm

1. if we can rely on this to deliver notifications to users that don't interact directly with JIRA (as watchers)
  2. if (as I understand from JIRA docs) users that are checkd as Active, but don't belong to a permission group or application don't count as a license seat.

thank you!

2 answers

when you configure particular notification scheme and want to add  

Notifications will be sent only for public issues. Public issues are issues which have a Permission scheme that gives the 'Browse Projects' permission to 'Anyone'(any non-logged-in users).

0 vote

As long as the user has a valid email address, and can see the issue if they were to visit it in the UI, then yes, they can get the emails.

Any user who can log in counts towards your licence number (if you have Service Desk, then "customers" are unlimited, but that's a different type of login)

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Jira

Join our webinar: How 1B+ feature flag events helped us build the new Jira

Every time you release software, there's a bit of risk – that there's a bug, that something breaks, or that the feature doesn't resonate with customers. Feature flagging helps make high stakes s...

93 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you