Is there a way to prevent Jira from sending emails to deactivated users when using the 'Send Email' administrative function?

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2016

I need to send an email blast to all users.  By all users I really mean all active users.  I don't need emails going out to deactivated users.

On a side note, is there a tool or plugin that could replace that?  It's not very easy to pick all users.  I have to select all groups.  It would be simpler if there was an all active users option.  

I'm not even going to ask about WYSIWYG formatting.

1 answer

1 vote
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2016

I don't believe inactive users are in the jira-users group so you could send to that group.

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2016

I just deactivated a user earlier today - they're still in the jira-users group.

What possible good reason would we have for emailing deactivated users? 

Better yet, why isn't there an "all active users" option?

Suggest an answer