Is it possible to use Behaviours to change the color of a field on the issue VIEW?

@Jamie Echlin (Adaptavist) or @Nic Brough, I'm running into difficulty finding a definitive answer on whether or not it's possible to change the color a field is rendered in the issue view via the Behaviours add-on. I know I can do this with custom javascript in the headers or announcement banner, but I'm trying to avoid this as it impedes upgrades.

I was thinking something like the following:

def securityField = getFieldByName("Security Level")
def securityValue = securityField.getValue()

if (securityValue == "XXXXX") { // Only XXXXX should be black.
securityField.setHelpText("Hello! <style>#security-val .note { color: #333;}</style>")
} else {

}

However, I don't believe this will ever work, since the description isn't displayed on the "View Screen".

Any Pointers?

1 answer

Behaviours functionality is limited as listed in https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/4.3.1/jira/behaviours-overview.html. I think it cannot work beyond those specific features.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked Thursday in Jira Ops

I'm John Allspaw, Ask Me Anything about incident analysis and postmortems

I'm John Allspaw, co-founder of   Adaptive Capacity Labs, where we help teams use their incidents to learn and improve. We bring research-driven methods and approaches to drive effective inciden...

4,174 views 15 11
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you