• Community
  • Products
  • Jira
  • Jira Core
  • Questions
  • I was wondering, is there a way in Jira to make a templated case with pre-set subtasks. So we can choose a certain project type or task type and it automatically creates certain subtasks

I was wondering, is there a way in Jira to make a templated case with pre-set subtasks. So we can choose a certain project type or task type and it automatically creates certain subtasks

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

There's two questions here.

For "template projects", you could write an add-on that provides a project template and embed code in that to automatically create a set of issues.

For "template issues", you could find or write an add-on that provides a post-function that can create issues, and tag it into the create issue process (I'd do it in script runner, but there are a number of add-ons in the market place that might be easier if you don't want to do the scripts)

Hi Nic Brough [Adaptavist] Thanks for your reply i have Groovy Runner(Script runner plugin for Atlassian JIRA). add-on so could you please let me know the process how to do with Script runner plugin.

Am not much familiar in scripting. So i will go ahead with the add-on so please let me know the process.

Ok, decide where in your process you want the issues to be created ("create" from what you've said I think), go to edit the workflow and find the "create" transition.  On there, add a post-function and select the scripted functions.  There is a built-in "create subtask" script you can use there!

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist] Thank you!

Could you please let me know the scripting process as well. So that in feature it may help to me.

I think you need to look at what I said before in your system.  You'll find a place to write your script when you do that.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

200 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you