I want to move my issue under a component I recently created. How do I do that?

Ankita Sinha August 24, 2016

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2016

You are mixing up hammers with bananas here. You move issues between projects, while components are project specific.

Example:

PROJECT_A
*COMPONENT_A
*COMPONENT_B
*COMPONENT_C

PROJECT_B
*COMPONENT_A
*COMPONENT_D
*COMPONENT_E

If your issue is in project_a, with or without component added, you can add any of the components in that project. If you never had a component but added it, you can simply add it to the issue without moving the issue at all.

Be aware that COMPONENT_A represented in both projects are not tied together. Deleting one of them would not delete the other.

Doin JQL like "component=COMPONENT_A" would show issues in both projects, but only list issues in the remaining project if the other was deleted.

So moving a "component" isn't possible, but bulkmoving a ton of issues WITH a component is a different thing.

Hope this was what you were after, next time be a bit more detailed in what you want to achieve allowing us to help better.

0 votes
TõnisO
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2016

Open up the issue (https://{domain}.atlassian.net/browse/{key}), click on the Components field and start typing.

Suggest an answer