I get 500 oops error while switching the workflow or workflow scheme, below are the logs

Swapnil Tiwari April 4, 2017

java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.admin.workflow.scheme.SelectProjectWorkflowSchemeStep2.getSelectListName(SelectProjectWorkflowSchemeStep2.java:186) [classes/:?]
at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.admin.workflow.scheme.SelectProjectWorkflowSchemeStep2.addMigrationMappings(SelectProjectWorkflowSchemeStep2.java:139) [classes/:?]
at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.admin.workflow.scheme.SelectProjectWorkflowSchemeStep2.access$100(SelectProjectWorkflowSchemeStep2.java:42) [classes/:?]
at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.admin.workflow.scheme.SelectProjectWorkflowSchemeStep2$1.call(SelectProjectWorkflowSchemeStep2.java:107) [classes/:?]
at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.admin.workflow.scheme.SelectProjectWorkflowSchemeStep2$1.call(SelectProjectWorkflowSchemeStep2.java:101) [classes/:?]
at com.atlassian.jira.workflow.DefaultWorkflowSchemeManager.waitForUpdatesToFinishAndExecute(DefaultWorkflowSchemeManager.java:845) [classes/:?]
at 

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2017

Could you tell us at what exact point the error happens?  Committing to the new scheme, or starting to select it etc.

We also need to see more of the logged error.

I suspect it's a broken workflow though - can you have a look at the one(s) you are switching to and check that all the steps look like sane status (no red question marks)

Thank you.

The error comes when I try to Publish a draft of workflow scheme or try to change the entire workflow scheme.

Also, I checked that workflow is not broken.

To add I performed Integrity checker and found that all of them passed.

Regards,

Swapnil

1 vote
Maarten Cautreels
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2017

Hi Swapnil,

I've added the JIRA tag to the question and move it to the right product group. I hope you don't mind.

Regarding your question, it looks like something is going wrong in the code, this might be caused by a bug or something else. The best way to get a solution to your problem is to get in touch with Atlassian Support. They might be able to point you to the right bug or help you fix the issue.

Best,

Maarten

Thank you Maarten

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events