How to set up subscriptions for projects in JIRA?

Fahad Akhtar October 28, 2019

I want to have subscriptions for a select few projects in JIRA service desk. How do I set one up and how do I get to be automated so that it sends these reports to customers at the end of every quarter? Is this based on groups like external groups for customers? Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 29, 2019

Hello Fahad,

To get a subscription set up for a project, of a set of projects, you would want to save a JQL filter using something like "Project in (list,of,projects)" and then configure the subscription as covered here:

However, there is no way to create or share that subscription with external customers in Jira.  As a Customer in JIRA Service Desk does not the permissions to access that data, so on receipt of the Filter they would not be able to see the issue data; they can only see the data via the customer portal, and cannot receive any non service desk related notifications as they are restricted for Customers as an Unlicensed User. 

So Sharing with external users requires an external reporting method to share the information such as generating XML or CSV export from the issue navigator and using a spreadsheet tool like Excel or Open office to manage the report.  Another Option On Jira Cloud would be using the "Jira Cloud for Sheets" extension to configure the desired report, then use an email add-on for the Spread sheet to send out a the data on a schedule with something like what is described in this article.

Additionally as this is not currently a native function, providing a report for an external user is something we are tracking as a feature request at the following link, make sure to add your vote to help us track interest in this feature:

Regards,
Earl

antekone May 31, 2023

I'm getting Error 404 when I click on the first link from your answer. Any chance of fixing it?

Suggest an answer