How to have a board with the Test case execution status for each story

GGE October 15, 2015

Hi,

I need a solution to see on a board all the Stories of my project, their status (workflow), their test case ID (attached to the stories), and it's execution status.

I have made a board containing all the stories of the project I am working on.

There are two columns for the test cases : Test case ID and Execution status (which I guess is related to the test case).

At some point I got lucky and was able to have all this information displayed but for some reason columns Test case ID and Execution status are now empty, even tough each story has a test case attached to it.

Can you please help?

Many thanks!

GGE

2 answers

0 votes
GGE October 18, 2015

Hi Gabrielle, and thank you for your reply!

I've found a temporary "solution" for my needs by performing the following search :

project = (project containing the test cases) AND issuetype = Test AND labels = (label of test cases) AND reporter in (currentUser())

This will display all the test cases of the selected project that are related to the label I've chosen.  All the status I need will also be displayed.

The displayed list has the following information :

• Issue type
  • Key (test case)
  • Summary (test case)
  • Status (of test case)
  • Test case ID (story ID - crossed if Story status is closed, resolved or ready to be delivered)
  • Execution status (of the test case)

As you can see this is weird as "Test case ID" will display the Stories key.  This view is somehow inverted on that basis.

Trouble also is that this requires me to create a test case for each story and link it to the related story, before I can use this view.

What I would like is to be able to see in one screen :

• all the stories of the current sprint (ability to filter per sprint)
  • their status (closed, resolved or ready to be delivered - these are the status that let me know if I can write their test and run it)
  • The key of the related Test case (if one is linked to the story)
  • The test case execution status
  • The test case status (to write or written)

This way I would know for the current sprint :

• The list of all the sprint's stories
  • which test cases need to be created (story status =/> to dev)
  • which test cases can be run (story status = closed, resolved or ready to be delivered)
  • which test cases were ran (Pass, Fail, WIP)

Sorry for the long description.  I hope this explains correctly both my needs and the problem I've been facing smile

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Kind regards,

GGE

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2015

but for some reason columns Test case ID and Execution status are now empty, even tough each story has a test case attached to 
I am curious on this statement of yours. The columns on the "Agile Boards" are always associated to issue statuses (to whatever is configured in the "Columns" of your board). So I guess you would have to check the statuses of your missing stories and see if they are in the correct one.

Suggest an answer