How to get value from Jira Resolve Issue Screen in Java

I want Comment field value and Resolution field value from this screen

1 answer

0 votes

It's stored when the user makes the change.

In what context are you trying to "get" this value?  Read the history?  Code for an add-on?  Code for a Connect add-on?  Remote system over REST?  Email template?  etc...

When I am trying to resolve issue. JIRA resolve screen will open. there are two fields resolution and comment. I am calling post function on this transition.and I want these values from screen in my post function module which is added in my plugin.

Which JIRA api is used to fetch that value in that post function

I want code for an add-on

Right, so it's a post-function add-on.  From memory, I think you can use issue.getModifiedFields() to find out what fields were changed during the transition.  That should at least get you the resolution, but I'm not sure if it would get the comment.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

932 views 5 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot