How to get the planned work for next week for my team?

Siddik March 18, 2016

we use original estimate field to populate the effort estimated for all tasks and sub-tasks. Is there a report to filter and get the work planned for next week in JIRA default reports?

1 answer

0 votes
stratejos [stratejos.ai] March 18, 2016

It would be good to know more about what you are trying to do before jumping into an answer. Are you:

1. Looking for something that uses Priority to work this out? E.g. there are 2 people on the project, they work 40 hours each so, based on the priority of tasks, tasks 1,2,3,4 (80 hours estimated) will be completed this week. Meaning, get the tasks after task 4 that add up to 80 hours effort and schedule them for next week.
  2. Doesn't use priority?
  3. Uses some other way to order the tasks?

Siddik March 18, 2016

Thanks for the response.

I need a report which shows the work planned for the next week.

Example: I have a team of 3 people and they add tasks and sub tasks for the stories under their project. And all 3 of them work on different project and they have different release date to production. Under tasks and sub-tasks that they create they populate the original estimate. Is that information enough to create filter and get the report.

I am thinking I may have to add Due Date in all those tasks to get the actual work that needs to be done on any specific task. What do you suggest.

Is there any other simpler/better way to get this report. 

Also, i found 'Time Tracking Report' under individual project which gives clear picture of what is the original estimate, remaining estimate, time spent and are we on track kind of information.

This report is driven based on the fix version field only. I am looking to get this report based on issue type for example: QA Task and QA Sub-Task. Is there a way I can get this report based on custom field? Is this configurable?

Please help. Help is much appreciated. Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events