How to delete JIRA projects

Siti Mardhiah Rahim May 2, 2019

I would like to delete below JIRA projects, how i can do that?

APBPM-139

2 answers

0 votes
Carolyn Nelson April 6, 2020

This functionality has now been changed in Jira Cloud.  You can not delete a project in the Projects admin area.  You must open the project, select Project Settings from the left nav bar and you will now see a new menu entry for Delete Project.  It is just underneath the Summary menu entry.  Delete Projects.png

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2019

Log in as an admin, go to the admins project list and use the "delete project" option from the menu on the right hand side next to each project.

Bear in mind that deleting a project is a full delete - the project and all its issues will be destroyed.  The only way back is to restore from a backup, so make sure you take one before deleting and keep it safe.

Siti Mardhiah Rahim May 3, 2019

How i know if i have right as admin to delete the projects

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2019

It's a very simple permission set up for Jira admin - Admins can delete projects. 

You won't be offered functions that you do not have the rights for.  You won't even be able to see the admin project list if you are not an admin.

Suggest an answer