How to close JIRA issue.

qwerty1004 May 30, 2016

Hi,

My JIRA is in customer review state. How can I close this ticket? I mistaked to push that button.

Please, let me know method.  

6 answers

4 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2016

We can't tell you who your admins are either - it's your system, not ours.  In some setups, there's a "contact administrators" at the bottom which is worth a try, but if that's not available, you'll need to ask your colleagues who owns it.  Perhaps raise an issue in a support project/service-desk if there is one (we always recommend having a support project for Atlassian systems)

When you work out who the admins of your system are, we'll be able to talk them through the problem, but get them to start with my answer below.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2016

The obvious answer is that you need to click on a transition out of the current status.

But, you need to check that

1. There is a transition
  2. You have the permissions to use it

Have a look at the "workflow diagram" (most people set up JIRA so that users have the option to view it next to the status on the issue view).  Does that show any outgoing transitions?

If it does not, then your workflow does not allow it.  Given the name of the status, I doubt that is the case, so the next step is to log in as an administrator and go look at the workflow in the admin screens.  Find the workflow in use (check the workflow scheme for the project), open it up and look at the transition(s) leaving that status, checking specifically the "conditions".  You will find that your account, or something on the issue, is blocking the transition. 

Two other things though.  You  should check also that you have the permission "transition" in the permission scheme (I very much doubt this is the problem, as it would block you from using all transitions).  And then, if all the conditions are ok and you can't find anything else wrong, then there's a known issue in JIRA where data gets corrupt and the symptom is "can't transition an issue" - run the integrity checker functions for workflows to see if that is the problem here.

0 votes
qwerty1004 May 31, 2016

Hi,

I don't know who is the admin of this JIRA system.

Could you let me know it.

Also, I checked it with our customer and He didn't get any information from JIRA.

I couldn't change this "Customer Review" status to close state.

And I asked other guy to close this ticket. but result was same. So I think I have to find admin of our JIRA, ask to fix it. It will be best way.

Please, check it one more time.

0 votes
Anere Goodness May 30, 2016

Hi qwerty1004,

share your full workflow as Prashant said so we can suggest ways to close from that status.

0 votes
qwerty1004 May 30, 2016

image2016-5-31 14:12:13.png

0 votes
Prashant Mali May 30, 2016

Plz share your workflow.

I think, There is a mistake happened in workflow transition state.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events