How to Edit Issue in New View?

Alex S.
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 16, 2019

I seem to have a problem where if I do not enter say story points after creating an issue when I click on said issue there is no way to view it or other options again unless I had already input the data when creating the issue. 

If I switch to classic view there is an edit button no problem and I can go back and edit fields that are not visible. 

Am I doing something wrong or is this something that has not been rolled out yet? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2019

Hey @Alex S.

I see you are new here so welcome to the community! I might need a screenshot of what you are seeing. The way the new issue view works is any Secondary field without data will be in the right side menu under Show More. All primary fields will be shown above that whether they have data or not.

If story points is not visible by default, it may be a secondary field and you will need to click show more. You also need the Edit Issues permission to see/use the field but since you said you can revert and edit the ticket, I don't think that is an issue.

Attached is a screenshot of what you need to click.

I hope this helps, if not, definitely let me know and I'll keep trying!

Screen Shot 2019-08-16 at 4.37.50 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-08-16 at 4.38.37 PM.png

Alex S.
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 22, 2019

That's so crazy. I had it ranked as top priority and I still couldn't see it but now its showing up. I will just accept this as user error. 

Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2019

Haha, well at least its there now!

Suggest an answer